Cand’Art was founded in the year 1930 as a small family confectionery under the name “De Palm”. During the years the company expanded. The product range and turnover made such a growth that it became necessary to enlarge the company’s premises in the year 2000 up to a total production facility on 4.150m². The organisation might be small but has a highly professional level, thus guaranteeing flexibility and service. Utmost personnel safety is not the only point of interest, the strongest demands with respect to food safety are also constantly being met.
The HACCP standards are being applied since 1977 and since December 2004, the company is yearly awarded the IFS Higher Level certificate. Despite the introduction of the most modern machines and cooking techniques, the traditional sugar craft is still being fully maintained and cared for. The Matheï family can proudly claim that they have upgraded the production of lollipops to a real piece of art. This is reflected in many of their lollipop products. Under the expert guidance of Lambert Matheï and his son Johan, countless new ideas are constantly arising in the lollipop kitchen, resulting in products adding new dimensions to the lollipop range. Many of these ideas are partly instigated by the international business as, supplementary to the standard products, each country has its own variants based on local taste habits, varying from extremely sweet or sour to especially salty.
The company’s international orientation required an international name. After a brainstorm, a new name, matching all criteria, was found: In January 2015 Cand’Art acquired a series of lollipop machines as well as the brand and the lollipop brands of the company Hirsch in Germany.